Trouble shooting guide
In case you are experiencing technical difficulties make sure to check the tips below.
- Do you have a good internet connection? If the Wi-Fi connection is unreliable, check if a cable connection is available, try with another internet connection or a “hotspot” from your mobile phone.
- Make sure you are using the latest version of the following browsers: Google Chrome, Microsoft Edge.
- Have you closed other video conferencing tools? Or other tabs and programmes that consume resources on your computer? We advise for all tabs on your browser to be closed and only keep one dashboard window open. You should also close any other applications (make sure you quit them on Mac) so that the computer is able to run faster.
People can’t see or hear me
- Make sure your camera is not covered by anything.
- Click on the arrow next to the microphone icon and make sure to select the correct Audio and Video sources.
- Make sure that your browser is allowed to access your microphone/video/screen-share. Go into the system preferences of your operating system (MacOS or Windows) and Browser (Chrome works best!) to allow.
- Turn off VPN as this might block your access to the Virtual Event Platform. More information about this and about firewall issues can be found below.
- Refresh your webpage:
MacOS: CMD + Shift + R
Windows: Hold down Ctrl and click the Refresh button or, Hold down Ctrl andpress F5.
I cannot share my screen
If the screen share button does not work, this is in most cases because you have previously not given your browser permission to do this. In order to change that, you have to access your system preferences and allow the browser you are using to share screen:
On Mac: System Preferences > Security & Privacy > Privacy > Screen Recording and add in Chrome.
On Windows: If screen sharing isn’t working this might be due to a missing ‘screen sharing extension’ in your browser. You can check if this is there by typing chrome://extensions/ into the address bar of your browser. In case the screen sharing extension is already in place it might be disabled, then switch it on. If the screen sharing extension isn’t there, please visit the Chrome Web Store to install one for free via this link.
Tip: If you are in a hurry, try with another browser. The platform is compatible with the latest versions of the following browsers: Google Chrome, Microsoft Edge.
White-listing for firewalls in corporate networks or VPNs
Some network administrators (IT departments, companies or universities) block all video and audio services in browsers by default. This can cause the Virtual Event Platform or its features (e.g. broadcast) to not being able to transmit video or audio data. This may impact you when you use the Virtual Event Platform over your company internet network, a company VPN, or a corporate laptop.
If the user who is having the issue is using a VPN, the easiest way is to turn the VPN off. If not, then the IT Department could whitelist our services. Below you find all the necessary information the IT department will need to unblock all services used by Conference Compass:
Those domains all need to be wildcards for the subdomains e.g
To access the virtual platform and web app, it is needed to whitelist the following domains in your firewall:
The ports that need to be open are 80, 443, 5222, 5280.
Please do not set static IP restrictions to our domain as our infrastructure is scaling permanently and server content through multiple endpoints, in different geographical locations.
For more information on Firewall requirements access the Agora platform documentation.
I cannot upload my slides
Make sure you have PDF slides lower than 20 MB.
Still experiencing problems?
Please contact the organiser with as many details as possible about your issue. If possible, include a screenshot.